A memory is lost when a family member passes away before the memory has been shared and saved. Don’t wait another day.
Consider family memories you don’t want to lose:
- Think about important memories from your life events, videos, stories, or photos that are not already recorded.
- Prayerfully consider who in your family has a family heirloom, a photo, or a story that could be lost.
What to do:
- Offer to help save those memories.
- Ask a family member to talk about family memories.
- Have a family night where you retell family stories and record them.
- Record (audio or video) older family members talking about their life events.
- Digitize a photo and have a family member tell the story behind it. Who is in the photo? What is happening? Then upload the photo, tag it, and save the story on FamilySearch as a Memory. Learn how to add audio to pictures on FamilySearch.