Living LDS 365 With Life’s Challenges
Visit our Living LDS 365 forums to find resources and encouragement on how to live with life’s challenges 365 days a year.
- Living with Depression—Active now
- Living with Disabilities—Coming soon
- Living with Suicide—Active now
- Living with Divorce—Coming soon
- Living with Mental Health—Coming soon
- Living with Pornography—Coming soon
- Living with Same-Sex Attraction—Active now
General Resources About Life’s Challenges
- Learning Through Life’s Trials by Larry Richman. Reviews the nature, origins, and purposes of adversity and includes suggestions on how to patiently trust in the Lord and His eternal plan and how to use these trials to learn and grow stronger. You can choose to see a trial as a roadblock or an expressway. If you see it as a roadblock, it will obstruct your way. However, if you see it as an expressway, you can use it to learn and grow. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the plan whereby we can become what God wants us to become. In fact, we become great people because of our trials, not in spite of them.
- Life is a Test: Don’t Expect the Instructor to Solve all the Problems by Ted Gibbons. If the Instructor solved all our problems for us, what kind of a test would life be? Life’s tests help us grow and learn.
- What Is Your Purpose Here? by Anne Hinton Pratt. Ideas on how to rise above dysfunction and unfair treatment and find your purpose in life.
- “Why It’s Ok to Have Problems” by Marilynne Todd Linford. Problems and challenges are a fact of life. They teach us, refine us, and bring us closer to God.