Prospective missionaries may now submit missionary recommendations up to 150 days before their availability date. This is an increase from the previous limit of 120 days.
This update is designed to:
- Reduce visa delays for missionaries assigned to serve outside their home countries.
- Give prospective missionaries more time to prepare temporally and spiritually for their missions.
- Allow prospective missionaries to begin their missions closer to their availability date.
Prospective missionaries should begin to fill out the missionary recommendation forms early, so they can be submitted close to 150 days before their availability date.
- Serve a Mission page
- Planning When to Serve a Mission page
- Resources for Missionary Preparation
- Missionary Recommendations and Service in the General Handbook