The Church has published additional chapters of the General Handbook in 26 languages. These chapters were previously published in English and are now available in 26 languages online and in the Gospel Library app.
These updates are part of an ongoing revision that is being published chapter-by-chapter every few months in English as soon as revisions are made, and in languages as soon as the translations are completed.
The introductory overview and the following chapters are now available in 26 languages:
- Chapter 1: “God’s Plan and Your Role in the Work of Salvation and Exaltation”
- Chapter 2: “Supporting Individuals and Families in the Work of Salvation and Exaltation”
- Chapter 3: “Priesthood Principles”
- Chapter 4: “Leadership in the Church of Jesus Christ”
- Chapter 10: “Aaronic Priesthood Quorums”
- Chapter 11: “Young Women”
- Chapter 12: “Primary”
- Chapter 15: “Seminaries and Institutes of Religion”
- Chapter 18: “Priesthood Ordinances and Blessings”
- Chapter 36: “Creating, Changing, and Naming New Units”
- Chapter 37: “Specialized Stakes, Wards, and Branches”
These chapters are available in the following languages: Bislama; Cambodian; Cebuano; Chinese, simplified; Chinese, traditional; Danish; Dutch; English; Fijian; French; German; Hungarian; Italian; Japanese; Korean; Malagasy; Mongolian; Portuguese; Romanian; Russian; Samoan; Spanish; Swedish; Tagalog; Thai; Tongan; and Ukrainian.
Non-English-speaking units should continue to use the chapters in the existing Handbook 1 and Handbook 2 until translations of all the chapters in the new General Handbook are published.
The entire General Handbook will be available in 35 languages by mid-2021, with additional languages to follow.