How can I help someone understand my needs?
It’s possible to be surrounded by people and still feel alone. Sometimes our minds play tricks on us, making us feel less connected to our loved ones and God than we really are.
The page “I feel so alone. How can I help someone better understand my needs?” on the Church’s mental health website provides ideas about the following questions:
- What are you experiencing physically? Talk about your symptoms.
- What are you feeling emotionally? Be descriptive—there’s a lot going on in your head.
- What do you struggle with socially?
- What makes thinking difficult?
Heavenly Father loves you. Mental health challenges, like physical afflictions, aren’t a reflection of your worthiness.
- Read the page “I feel so alone. How can I help someone better understand my needs?“
- See other resources on the Church’s website mentalhealth.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.