From the article “Four Ways to Prepare for Temples Reopening” in the Gospel Living app:
Once it’s safe, there will be lots of work to do.
Due to COVID-19, temples worldwide have been closed. Recently, the First Presidency announced that some temples would begin performing small numbers of live sealings. Once it’s safe, temples will be reopened for all ordinances, including baptisms for the dead and confirmations.
Start getting ready now for the temples’ reopening:
- Prepare spiritually by studying the scriptures (especially the Book of Mormon) and the words of the living prophets.
- Follow President Nelson’s invitation to repent daily.1
- When it’s safe to do so, consider talking with your bishop to get—or renew—your limited-use temple recommend. Even if you don’t have a temple near you, prophets have urged us to hold a temple recommend.2
- Look up your ancestors in FamilySearch. Can you help with your ancestors’ temple work?
- Russell M. Nelson, “We Can Do Better and Be Better,” April 2019 general conference.
- Howard W. Hunter, “The Great Symbol of our Membership,” Ensign, Oct. 1994.