Many of the Gospel Topics have been updated and 90 entries have been published in Spanish and Portuguese. Later this year, topics will be available in seven more languages.
Gospel Topics is an alphabetized list of hundreds of gospel principles, Church history events, and social or moral issues facing Latter-day Saints today. Gospel Topics is found online at topics.ChurchofJesusChrist.org and in the Gospel Library.
Each topic provides a concise overview of the subject in a few paragraphs and then a curated list of the best resources about the topic, such as scriptures, conference talks, videos, magazine articles, music, images, etc.
The topic entries are a rich resource for gospel study and for preparing talks and lessons. Gospel Topics have full ecclesiastical review and are considered official statements on the topic.
Below is a partial list of topics that have been updated in the past few months as part of an ongoing effort to make the learning experience more consistent, informative, and interactive:
- Aaronic Priesthood
- Church Councils
- Family Councils
- Home Evening
- Plan of Salvation
- Restoration of the Church
- Restoration of the Priesthood
- Single Adult Members of the Church
- Spaulding Manuscript
- Tattooing and Body Piercing
- Teacher (Aaronic Priesthood)
A subset of Gospel Topics is a set of 11 in-depth, scholarly essays titled Gospel Topics Essays. These essays cover topics such as Race and the Priesthood; Plural Marriage in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; and Joseph Smith’s Teachings about Priesthood, Temple, and Women.
- To find Gospel Topics online: go to ChurchofJesusChrist.org and in the top navigation, choose Scriptures and Study and then Gospel Topics. (Or just type topics.ChurchofJesusChrist.org into your browser.)
- To find Gospel Topics in the Gospel Library app: tap Topics and then tap Gospel Topics.
Learn more in the article “90 New Entries Added to Gospel Topics Study Resource in Spanish and Portuguese.”