Many of the Church’s resources have been renamed to better reflect the name of the Church and convey our commitment to follow Jesus Christ. The following resources have been changed to align with direction from Church leaders:
- LDS Tools app is now Member Tools. (This app provides ward and stake directories, calendars, missionary referral tools, and a locator for nearby meetinghouses and temples.)
- LDS Media Library is now Gospel Media on the mobile app as well as online. (This is the Church’s library of public videos, images, and music. The mobile app lets you create media presentations and download media to present offline. You can also trim videos, create playlists, and sync presentations across devices.)
- Mormon Messages Videos are now Inspirational Messages Videos. (These are inspirational stories about members or a teaching of Church leaders. They are found in Gospel Media, in the Gospel Library app, and on the Church’s YouTube channel.)
- LDS Music app is now Sacred Music. (This app offers sheet music, text-only versions of hymns and songs, and instrumental and vocal audio recordings. You can also create and share playlists.)
- LDS Sing-Along app is now Sing-Along Hymns. (This app has beautiful imagery to accompany hymns and songs. Words on the screen and a bouncing ball indicate which word should be sung to make it easier for children to sing along as they learn the music.)
- Gospel Library app keeps the same name.
- Various services and entities, such as LDS Seminary and Institute, will remove “LDS” from the name.
Note that the Church style guide indicates that the terms “LDS” and “Latter-day Saint” should not be used to qualify objects, such as temples, scriptures or doctrine, that belong to the Lord or His Church. For example, instead of “Latter-day Saint temples,” the appropriate reference would be “temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints” or “house of the Lord.”
Read more in the article “Changes to Emphasize the Correct Name of the Church of Jesus Christ.”