The 2018 North Star Conference is a faith-affirming resource for LDS individuals who experience same-sex attraction or gender dysphoria and wish to live a Christ-centered life. Hear firsthand accounts of LGBT individuals and families as they navigate the complex journey of reconciling faith with sexual orientation and gender identity.
This conference is a great resource for families and church leaders who want to understand this complex subject in the context of the gospel.
Highlights of the conference to be held March 15-17, 2018 at the Provo Utah Marriott Hotel & Conference Center:
- Keynote addresses and featured presenters, including:
- Stephanie Clark Nielson. (Watch Elder Jeffrey R. Holland recount her story in his general conference talk, “Like a Broken Vessel.” (See video below.)
- Thomas Mark Zuniga and Elliott Gladwin of the Your Other Brothers podcast.
- Tom Christofferson, author of That We May Be One.
- See a list of featured presenters.
- Breakout sessions for SSA/gay men, SSA/gay women, transgender, spouses/couples, parents, family, and friends.
- Youth/teen program.
- Leadership sessions for Church leaders, featuring Kurt Francom of LeadingLDS.
- Special musical performance by David Archuleta during the Saturday afternoon keynote session. (Open to registered conference attendees only.)
- See the schedule for the 2018 North Star Conference
- Register by January 28 to take advantage of discounted early-bird rates
- North Star also sponsors a series of videos. Watch True to Him Videos of LDS with Same-Sex Attraction and Gender Identity Issues
- See the Church’s website MormonandGay.lds.org
- See a list of LDS Resources for Same-Sex Attraction
Watch Elder Holland’s October 2013 General Conference talk, “Like a Broken Vessel.” Story about Stephanie Clark Nielson.
With respect to the integrity of your featured speakers, could you ask Mrs. Nielson to speak about her Beauty Rises charity? Your conference materials specifically mention it but I have not found any information on it regarding what services it provides, how the funds/donations solicited were spent, etc. She mentioned starting it back in 2015 but its’ status is unclear as well as if salaries/expenses were paid to her and for what purpose.