Latter-day Saints of all ages have been sharing goodness on social media by posting uplifting, inspirational images and messages.
During his keynote address at Brigham Young University’s Campus Education Week in August of 2014, Elder David A. Bednar invited Church members everywhere to “fill the earth with goodness.”
“I exhort you to sweep the earth with messages filled with righteousness and truth—messages that are authentic, edifying, and praiseworthy—and literally to sweep the earth with a flood,” he said.
Recognizing the “unique season in the history of the world,” Elder Bednar encouraged us to use “the inspired technological and communication innovations” appropriately, especially for the work of salvation.
Latter-day Saints of all ages living throughout the world have responded to the call of an Apostle. Through social media, many have participated by posting messages of faith, pictures that promote peace, and uplifting videos that “share goodness” with the world.
A quick search of the hashtag #sharegoodness on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube results in thousands of inspiring results. Quotes from general conference talks, scriptures, pictures of temples, and personal experiences all help “fill the earth with goodness.”
- Read the article “Sharing Goodness One Hashtag at a Time.”
- Read how youth of the Church have shared some of their thoughts on the Church’s youth page.
- Read tips on how to effectively share goodness at social.lds.org.
- Read “Nine ways to use technology to share your beliefs.”
- For more ideas on sharing goodness online, read the book 101 Ways to Hasten the Work Online.