The article “Answers to Common Questions” in the March issue of the New Era gives nice, simple answers to the following common questions about the Church:
- Why do you have other scriptures? Isn’t the Bible enough?
- Mormon men have lots of wives, right?
- Why are Mormons against gay people?
- Are you really Christians or more like a cult?
- Why does it matter what church you belong to? Doesn’t God love everyone?
- Doesn’t scientific evidence prove that the Book of Mormon couldn’t possibly be true?
- What happens in your temples, and why are you so secretive about it?
- Why does your church send out young men and women to be missionaries?
- Why don’t you believe in having sexual relationships until you’re married?
- Do you all just blindly obey whatever you’re told?
- How can you be sure what you believe is true?
I recommend you read the article to be more prepared when people ask you questions about the Church.
See other articles on LDS365.com about Mormon beliefs.