The fifth-Sunday lesson on July 31, 2020 will center on the responsibility, joy, and blessings of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Leaders received instructions in a Sharing the Gospel broadcast on June 25 and will share what they learned with other members in a discussion on July 31. The two objectives of this meeting are:
- Help each young man prepare for and serve a full-time mission, and help each young woman who desires to prepare for and serve a full-time mission.
- Help each member share the gospel of Jesus Christ in normal and natural ways by acting upon the principles of love, share, and invite.
The outline includes discussions on the following topics:
- The covenant responsibility and blessing to preach the gospel of peace.
- Preparing for missionary service.
- The blessings of missionary service.
- Principles of “love, share, and invite.”
The bishopric should consider inviting the Relief Society presidency, elders quorum presidency, ward mission leader, and youth leaders to participate in facilitating the discussion. The bishopric should also determine whether youth and adults should meet separately or together.