The situation of each Latter-day Saint woman is unique, with different challenges, skills, abilities, and life situations. Some are full-time moms and others are full-time in the workforce. Many divide their lives into periods with a different focus on home, family, and work.
Latter-day Saint women who work part-time or full-time often have to juggle schedules for work, school, daycare, church activities, extracurricular activities, family activities, meals, and even sleep. Studies show that the majority of LDS mothers with children in the home are also in the labor force.
The article “Mormon women navigate cultural pressures around work, family and faith” provides a good overview of the issues that women face.
- Self-Reliance courses: “Education for Better Work,” “Find a Better Job,” and “Starting and Growing My Business.”
- LDS-Focused Education/Career Web Sites
- How to Thrive as a Working Mormon Mom
- Work from home in medical transcription
- LDS mothers balance career aspirations with divine calling of motherhood
- Resources for LDS Stay-at-Home Moms Who Want to Work Outside of the Home