The FamilySearch Community is an online resource that helps people interested in family history connect with each other worldwide. In the community, you can learn research strategies, view genealogy events, join various groups that have the similar interests, and connect with specialized research experts.
Members of the FamilySearch Community can answer questions you may have—and you can help others by sharing what you know. Whether you have questions, need expert help, or want to connect with others who share your passion for family history, the FamilySearch Community is a great place to be.
The FamilySearch Community was recently updated with a new look, additional functionality, and navigation enhancements. Here is a short list of what is new:
- Site navigation is now more visible and located on the left sidebar of the page.
- Searching the community is easier because of the prominent search bar on the home page.
- The Community Hub section announces changes and updates.
- A questions and answers section can be found in the navigation. Each question is sorted into a category (similar to how the Help Center categorizes content) so you can find answers to your questions about specific topics.
- A new Events section allows you to see upcoming events, send an RSVP, and even view recordings of some past events!
- Notification settings have been added. You control the notifications you want to receive. Do you want an email when someone answers your question? You get to choose!
Learn more about these updates in the article “FamilySearch Community Receives New Look and Improvements.”