Gospel for Kids is a new mobile app for children that consolidates key features from the following apps that are no longer available: Sing Along Hymns, Scripture Stories, and LDS Coloring Book.
This app was announced in the Friend to Friend event for children last Saturday
Gospel for Kids is a gospel learning app for children that brings together illustrated scripture stories, coloring books, sing-along songs, and more! The following features are now available in the Apple iOS version of the app. Only the Scripture Stories are currently available in the Android version of the app.
- Experience the faith and strength you can find in the scriptures! Scripture Stories combines beautiful artwork, abridged accounts from the scriptures, and dramatized narration to create a compelling experience that the whole family can enjoy.
- Have fun as you color over 200 illustrated scenes from scripture and Church history stories and depictions of gospel principles. Color with digital crayons that can be set to magically stay within the lines or tap to fill! You can even share, print, and save your creations.
- Enjoy singing along to your favorite gospel-focused children’s songs and hymns. Sing Along provides prerecorded tracks and on-screen lyrics with a bouncing ball to guide you through each song. It can be a fun way to learn or sing songs individually or together at home or church. It also includes playlists for each week of Come, Follow Me lessons.
Additional scripture stories, coloring pages, and songs will be released periodically and automatically downloaded by the app.
Learn more in the article “Gospel for Kids App Lets Children Take Gospel Learning into Their Own Hands.”
I am thrilled with the app and loved the friend to friend event! My thought was “ it’s about time”. I am a mother of 8 and a grandmother to 20 so far. I loved the interaction, the real life stories of children today, the “art lesson” was great. One of my granddaughters who is 5 has been drawing many praying girls! Thank you so much for all the prayers and effort that went into this new app for children,(and grandmas!)
How long before the android gets all the features.
I have “personalized” the photos in several songs in the Gospel Kids “Sing Along” to show my family. However, I have two suggestions:
1. I don’t see a Share icon, so for right now I had to make a video of the Sing Along song. Then I posted the video of the video to our family site. Are you planning to insert a Share icon in the future? If so, I would click the share button to share it with my family directly.
2. I would like to see the songs I have personalized marked in some way. Such as an asterisk by those songs. Or you could allow me to group them as Favorites somehow. Because the way it is right now, I have to make a list of the songs I have personalized.
Doug, how were you able to make a video of the personalized video in the app?
I have it on my iPhone, but am trying to save to a thumb drive.
When will they have the coloring pages and sing-along portions for my android phone? And will they automatically appear on my app?
Oh my gosh I have this app on my phone and have now found it on my laptop ! It has so much that i use for my primary class. Thank you for creating it !!!