On November 20, 2020, President Russell M. Nelson invited us to unite in daily prayer, use social media for seven days to express gratitude, and engage in and share acts of kindness, respect, and unity. For the next seven days, LDS365 will share what we are grateful for. Below is our post for day 7.
I am grateful for the beauties of the earth. God architected an amazing place with snowcapped mountains, deserts with colorful cacti, flowing rivers, and colorful trees in the fall. Every sunset is different. Every rock formation, every leaf, and every rose is unique. He created an amazingly gorgeous world for us to live in. And all too often, I don’t stop to look at it and appreciate it.
Enjoy this music video of “For the Beauty of the Earth, arranged by Mack Wilberg, by The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square.”
Share the Message of Gratitude With Others
- Watch President Russell M. Nelson’s special video message that he shared with the world on November 20, 2020. It is also in the Gospel Library app (Tap #JesusChrist, then #HearHim, then it’s the 2nd video.
- Visit GiveThanks.ChurchofJesusChrist.org to read the backstory of President Nelson’s message.
- We invite you to share your personal gratitude journal on social media. Use the hashtag #GiveThanks. (We’ll also be using #ShareGoodness and #PassItOn.)
- Read the article “The Prophet Releases a Message on the Healing Power of Gratitude.”
- Read other gratitude journal entries from LDS365.
- Discuss in Your Ward. If your ward is holding classes on Sunday, November 22, or Sunday, November 29, 2020, the Church encourages you to review President Nelson’s message and discuss what you have learned and experienced as a result.
- Invite Others to Watch. This message is for everyone. Please share it with family and friends. Share the images above on social media and share this link to the video: https://youtu.be/tlcILxGmVrI