On November 20, 2020, President Russell M. Nelson invited us to unite in daily prayer, use social media for seven days to express gratitude, and engage in and share acts of kindness, respect, and unity. For the next seven days, LDS365 will share what we are grateful for. Below is our post for day 5.
I am grateful for life. I’m grateful for the chance to enjoy the beauties of the world. The chance to love people. The chance to experience things and learn from those experiences. Life is wonderful and exciting. Actually, grateful for COVID-19 for all we can learn from it. Let’s not go back to “how things used to be.” We’ve learned so much. Let’s move forward to something better.
As I reflect on this year of the COVID-19 pandemic, I recognize that every experience we have—especially the difficult ones—can teach us how to be better people. I have learned more about our vulnerability. We’ve seen that a virus 1,000 times smaller than a grain of sand can bring the world to its knees. We should be grateful to God for life.
- Learn more about eternal life.
Watch the video “In the Spirit of Thanksgiving.” Random people on the streets of New York City share a variety of grateful responses to one simple question: What are you thankful for?
Share the Message of Gratitude With Others
- Watch President Russell M. Nelson’s special video message that he shared with the world on November 20, 2020.
- Visit GiveThanks.ChurchofJesusChrist.org to read the backstory of President Nelson’s message.
- We invite you to share your personal gratitude journal on social media. Use the hashtag #GiveThanks. (We’ll also be using #ShareGoodness and #PassItOn.)
- Read the article “The Prophet Releases a Message on the Healing Power of Gratitude.”
- Read other gratitude journal entries from LDS365.
- Discuss in Your Ward. If your ward is holding classes on Sunday, November 22, or Sunday, November 29, 2020, the Church encourages you to review President Nelson’s message and discuss what you have learned and experienced as a result.
- Invite Others to Watch. This message is for everyone. Please share it with family and friends. Share the images above on social media and share this link to the video: https://youtu.be/tlcILxGmVrI