On November 20, 2020, President Russell M. Nelson invited us to unite in daily prayer, use social media for seven days to express gratitude, and engage in and share acts of kindness, respect, and unity. For the next seven days, LDS365 will share what we are grateful for. Below is our post for day 4.
I am grateful for my family. I love my wife. I love my children. They are the joy of my life. They give me purpose and keep me grounded. They always support me.
The family is the basic unit of the Church and of society. Society needs strong families. Families are a key source of strength, support, and lasting happiness. God organizes us into families so that we can experience happiness and learn patience and selflessness. Families are forever.
President Boyd K. Packer taught, “The ultimate purpose of every teaching, every activity in the Church is that parents and their children are happy at home, sealed in an eternal marriage, and linked to their generations” (“The Father and the Family,” Liahona, May 1994).
- Read “The Family: A Proclamation to the World.”
- Learn more about the importance of having a strong family.
Watch the video “Think to Thank.” Who will you thank God for today?
Gratitude is a feeling of appreciation and thankfulness for blessings or benefits we have received. As we cultivate a grateful attitude, we are more likely to be happy and spiritually strong. We should regularly express our gratitude to God for the blessings He gives us and to others for the kind acts they do for us.
If we do not feel grateful for what we already have, what makes us think we’d be happy with more?
Share the Message of Gratitude With Others
- Watch President Russell M. Nelson’s special video message that he shared with the world on November 20, 2020.
- Visit GiveThanks.ChurchofJesusChrist.org to read the backstory of President Nelson’s message.
- We invite you to share your personal gratitude journal on social media. Use the hashtag #GiveThanks. (We’ll also be using #ShareGoodness and #PassItOn.)
- Read the article “The Prophet Releases a Message on the Healing Power of Gratitude.”
- Read other gratitude journal entries from LDS365.
- Discuss in Your Ward. If your ward is holding classes on Sunday, November 22, or Sunday, November 29, 2020, the Church encourages you to review President Nelson’s message and discuss what you have learned and experienced as a result.
- Invite Others to Watch. This message is for everyone. Please share it with family and friends. Share the images above on social media and share this link to the video: https://youtu.be/tlcILxGmVrI