On November 20, 2020, President Russell M. Nelson invited us to unite in daily prayer, use social media for seven days to express gratitude, and engage in and share acts of kindness, respect, and unity. For the next seven days, LDS365 will share what we are grateful for. Below is our post for day 1.
- Watch President Russell M. Nelson’s special video message that he shared with the world on November 20, 2020. It is also in the Gospel Library app (Tap #JesusChrist, then #HearHim, then it’s the 2nd video.
- Visit GiveThanks.ChurchofJesusChrist.org to read the backstory of President Nelson’s message.
- We invite you to share your personal gratitude journal on social media. Use the hashtag #GiveThanks. (We’ll also be using #ShareGoodness and #PassItOn.)
- Read the article “The Prophet Releases a Message on the Healing Power of Gratitude.”
I am grateful for the love of God. He is the father of my spirit. I lived with Him before this life, and I will return to live with Him after this life.
I am grateful that I can pray to Him and that he listens to me. He is always interested in what is important to me. He hears me. He loves me. And He always does what is best for me. I acknowledge God’s hand in my life. He is involved in the details of our life more than we realize.
President Henry B. Eyring urged us “to find ways to recognize and remember God’s kindness.… Pray and ponder, asking the questions: Did God send a message that was just for me? Did I see His hand in my life or the lives of my children? … I testify that He loves us and blesses us, more than most of us have yet recognized” (“O Remember, Remember,” Liahona, Nov. 2007, 67, 69).
Share the Message of Gratitude With Others
- Discuss in Your Ward. If your ward is holding classes on Sunday, November 22, or Sunday, November 29, 2020, the Church encourages you to review President Nelson’s message and discuss what you have learned and experienced as a result.
- Invite Others to Watch. This message is for everyone. Please share it with family and friends. Share the images below on social media and share this link to the video: https://youtu.be/tlcILxGmVrI