Helping someone with their family history is a powerful way to minister. Whether they are a Church member or not, anyone can find joy in learning more about where they came from.
You don’t have to be an expert or do anything big. A page on the Church’s website provides many simple activities you can use. There is a power in temple and family history work that can build testimonies and heal relationships.
Try these easy ways to minister using temple and family history experiences:
- Blessing Others through Family History. Videos that show how temple and family history has been a ministering resource to help individuals and families.
- Minister to Families with Fun Discovery Activities. Introduce families to the fun of temple and family history work with a discovery activity from FamilySearch.org.
- Simple Way to Find Ordinances for the Temple. Show a friend you minister to how to quickly find and reserve ordinances for his or her next trip to the temple.
- Help Parents and Youth Prepare for the Temple. Share these articles with parents who may be preparing a child for his or her first trip to the temple.
- Learn About Your Family. Help friends have a discovery experience learning more about their family on FamilySearch.org. No account required.
- Help Others Build Family Connections. Connecting with family history invites spiritual blessings.
- Explore the Gospel Living App for More Fun Ideas. Browse the Gospel Living app for temple and family history articles. Then share them with those you minister to.
- Explore the Church Magazines for More Ideas. Explore Church magazines for even more ways to use temple and family history work in your ministering.
- Relatives around Me. Try this feature on the Family Tree app to see if you are related to those you minister to next time you visit them!