This year is the 25th anniversary of the “The Family: A Proclamation to the World.” It teaches us the eternal doctrine of the family and lists principles that successful marriages and families live by.
But what if you don’t have the ideal family with a mom, dad, and kids?
Even if important parts of [the plan of happiness] aren’t fulfilled in your life now, they will be yours in the Lord’s due time. I also promise you that you can have significant growth and happiness now in your present circumstances. As a daughter or son of God, live whatever portion of the plan you can to the best of your ability. —Elder Richard G. Scott
The September issue of the Ensign has several articles about how the proclamation applies to every one of us:
- Seeing Yourself in the Family Proclamation
- The Family Proclamation: How Do I Fit In as a Single Adult?
- How Do I Talk to My Kids about the Importance of Both Women and Men?
- We Stood before Parliament
- How Infertility Strengthened My Testimony of the Family Proclamation
- The Divine Pattern of Eternal Marriage
- “Help Meet”: Women’s Power to Serve
- The Family: A Proclamation to the World (text and PDF)