The First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles have authorized that some Church meetings and activities may be resumed on a limited basis using a careful, phased approach.
In a letter to members, the First Presidency issued general guidelines and Area Presidencies will issue specific guidelines for each location that will take into account the local conditions and applicable government regulations. The following are basic principles:
- Members and leaders should use an abundance of caution in protecting the health and safety of everyone. We should pay particular attention to members whose health or age puts them at high risk.
- Individuals who do not feel well or who have been asked to self-quarantine should not attend meetings.
- Follow social distancing, handwashing, and other practices described in “Preventative Measures for Members.”
- Follow government regulations in each location regarding public gatherings, including meeting size, frequency, and duration.
- Return to regular practices slowly, continuing to function remotely using technology while beginning in-person meetings in a phased approach.
Area Presidencies will work with the member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and the Presidency of the Seventy who supervise them in deciding when and where meetings can begin in their area. Using caution and adhering to local regulations, stake and ward leaders will counsel together to determine the specific timing for resuming ward and stake meetings and activities.
- Learn more in the article “First Presidency Provides Guidelines for Safely Returning to Church Meetings and Activities.”
- Read the First Presidency letter “Safely Returning to Church Meetings and Activities.”