Have you taken some time to look at the Gospel Library app recently? What you’ll find might surprise you. It began as a way to keep the scriptures in your pocket and it has blossomed into a massive collection of tools and resources to strengthen every testimony and fortify every home.
The following summary comes from the article “Gospel Library App: A Digital Multi-Tool for Righteous Living” in the October issue of the Ensign:
- It’s a Movie Theater: Everything from Christmas videos to worldwide devotionals to feature films.
- It’s a Magazine Rack: The Church magazine archives go back to 1971! There are also bonus articles that are only available digitally.
- It’s a Time Machine: Dive into the past in the Church History section, where you can explore the early days of the Church in New York and elsewhere.
- It’s a Personal Assistant: Want to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year? Study Plans will create a schedule and even remind you when to read!
- It’s a Journal: Personalized notes and highlights that won’t be lost in a fire. Plus, whenever you need to share a spiritual thought or speak in sacrament meeting, your notes will be waiting.
- It’s a Self-Help Guru: Job hunting? Financial planning? Family struggles? You’re not alone. Check out the Self-Reliance and Life Help sections for ways to keep moving forward.
- It’s an Art Gallery: They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Find plenty in the Gospel Art Book, helpful in any lesson or home evening.
- It’s a Bookshelf: Hardbound books are heavy. Your phone isn’t. Read full-length books in the app, including Jesus the Christ and Daughters in My Kingdom.
- It’s a Missionary Training Center: Preparing to serve a mission? Learn what mission life is like and what missionaries teach as they spread the gospel throughout the world.
- It’s a Hymnbook: Lift your voice. Sing praises. The song of the righteous is a prayer unto Him.
- It’s a Family Study Guide: Need some help teaching the gospel in your home? Find all the lessons for Come, Follow Me as well as activities and home evening lessons.
Did You Know?
- 3.4 million people use the Gospel Library app every month.
- The app is available in over 120 languages.
- Over 20,000 unique language items are included.
- Over 1,000 years of time is spent in the Gospel Library app every month.
- Over 25 million new annotations are made every month.
Check out these additional topics and titles to see all that the app has to offer:
- Global Histories
- TV Ads
- Meet the Apostles
- Revelations in Context
- RootsTech Presentations
- Same-Sex Attraction
- At the Pulpit: 185 Years of Discourses by Latter-day Saint Women
- YA Weekly, a special digital publication in the Gospel Library app with content specifically for young adults. And yes, it gets updated with new articles every week!
Sync with a Bluetooth® speaker to listen to the scriptures, general conference talks, Come, Follow Me lessons, and more.