Today, the Church released a new 9-minute behind-the-scenes video showing how the series was made.
The first video of the series will be available next Friday, September 20. A new video will be published every week through the end of the year. (See the schedule below.)
The videos will be available on the Book of Mormon Videos YouTube channel, at ChurchofJesusChrist.org, on the Mormon Channel platforms, and in the Gospel Library app. Subscribe to the YouTube channel to be notified when new videos are published.
The purpose of the video series is to help us increase our understanding of the Book of Mormon as a second witness of Jesus Christ (the first being the Bible). The video series can also be used as supplementary material for “Come, Follow Me,” the Church’s personal scripture study program.
The Book of Mormon Video Library will be available initially in 15 languages: Cantonese, Cebuano, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Samoan, Spanish, Tagalog, and Tongan.
The initial set of Book of Mormon videos and release dates are as follows:
- Sep. 20: 1 Nephi 1-2, The Lord Commands Lehi’s family to Leave Jerusalem
- Sep. 27: 1 Nephi 3-5, Nephi is Led by the Spirit to Obtain the Plates of Brass
- Oct. 4: 1 Nephi 7, Ishmael’s Household Joins Lehi’s Family
- Oct. 11: 1 Nephi 8, Lehi Sees a Vision of the Tree of Life
- Oct. 18: 1 Nephi 16, The Lord Guides Lehi’s Journey
- Oct. 25: 1 Nephi 17-18, The Lord Commands Nephi to Build a Ship
- Nov. 1: 1 Nephi 18, Lehi’s Family Sails to the Promised land
- Nov. 8: 2 Nephi 1-4, Lehi Gives His Family a Final Blessing
- Nov. 15: 2 Nephi 5, The Nephites Separate from the Lamanites
- Nov. 22: 2 Nephi 6-10, Jacob Teaches of the Atonement of Jesus Christ
- Nov. 29: 2 Nephi 31, Nephi Expounds the Doctrine of Christ
- Dec. 6: 2 Nephi 33, Nephi Records His Final Testimony
- Dec. 13: Jacob 2-3, Jacob Teaches about Pride and Chastity
- Dec. 20: Jacob 7, Sherem Denies Christ
- Dec. 27: Enos 1, Enos Prays Mightily
- Media Tour, New Video Provide Behind-the-Scenes Look at Filming for Book of Mormon Videos Series
- Book of Mormon Videos to be Released; Watch Trailer for 1 Nephi
- Season Three Filming of Book of Mormon Live-Action Series Nears Completion
- Filming Begins on New Book of Mormon Videos