Given the number of people who use ASL (estimates range from 250,000 to 500,000), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has produced an impressive number of resources. The following resources can be found at ASL.ChurchofJesusChrist.org and in the Gospel Library app:
- Scriptures: The Church has produced an ASL edition of the Book of Mormon and about a third of the Doctrine and Covenants. More of the scriptures will be published as they are completed.
- General conference: Sessions of general conference.
- Sign Language Dictionary: The Church provides a Dictionary of Church Terms in American Sign Languageto standardize ASL signs used in the Church.
- Come, Follow Me: Resources for individuals and families, elders quorum, Relief Society, and Teaching in the Savior’s Way.
- Videos: videos in the Gospel Library app and videos in the Media Library online.
- Children: Primary Songs in ASL and Sing-Along Videos.
- Music: Selected Hymns and Primary Songs in ASL.
- Youth: Inspirational Videos for Youth and Face to Face events.
- Ministering: Various resources about ministering and the monthly Ministering Message from the Liahona magazine.
- Events: Face to Face, Christmas Devotionals, and worldwide devotionals for young adults.
- Manuals. Several of the Teachings of Presidents of the Church manuals.
In addition to these ASL resources, many videos are provided with Closed Captions. (Learn about selecting closed captions in Church videos.) Temple ordinances are available in ASL and closed captions. There are Family History missionaries who provide distance support in ASL through video phone calls.
Resources Provided by Others
In addition to the resources provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you may find the following resources helpful:
- The Deaf Bible Society provides Deaf Bible apps for Apple iOS and Android with portions of the Bible. These ASL videos provide a story version of the Bible rather than a literal translation.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses provides portions of the New World translation of the Bible. Some of the doctrine in this Bible edition is not aligned with doctrine of the restored Gospel.
- Deaf Missions provides Bible videos with actors who sign.
- The LDS Kids Videos Mobile App has videos in ASL.