The FamilySearch Tree app makes it easy to discover and document your own branches of the world’s family tree and preserve family memories such as photos, written stories, and audio recordings.
With the mobile app, you can:
- Browse your family branches and see portraits of relatives you’ve never seen before.
- Discover facts, documents, stories, photos, and recordings about your ancestors.
- Easily add new information, photos, stories, and audio recordings for your relatives and they are archived free forever.
- Take your family tree with you wherever you go—the app works even without internet access.
- The app automatically syncs with FamilySearch.org, so you can pick up where you left off on any device.
- Tap More, then Relatives Around Me to find how you are related to people around you who also have the app open.
Share family stories with your children at bedtime or in the car while traveling. Learn something new about your family origins while waiting in a line. Take the app to family gatherings, and capture stories you’ve never heard before. Ask your parents and grandparents to tell you about their lives and what they remember about their deceased relatives; then record their stories using the app. Use important moments of your history as teaching aids. Watch how stories of your ancestors’ hardships, endurance, and faith help you become a better person.