A new feature on FamilySearch.org lets you share your Instagram and Facebook photos directly to FamilySearch. This new integration makes it is easy to choose which photos from your social networks you’d like to link to people in Family Tree and preserve for future generations. It provides a permanent way to leave a photo legacy.
How to Import Photos to FamilySearch:
- Sign in to FamilySearch.org.
- Select Memories in the top navigation.
- Choose Gallery.
- Click the green plus icon at the top center of the page.
- Select Instagram or Facebook.
- Enter your username and password for the site you chose.
- Authorize that site to access your information in FamilySearch.org.
- In the window that appears, select the pictures you would like to import, and click Import.
Note that it is not yet possible to import photos from these social sites using the FamilySearch mobile apps. Also, be aware that you might encounter problems with this feature in the Edge and Internet Explorer 11 browsers because of the Trusted Site settings. (Try adding FamilySearch.org to your Trusted Sites list or use another browser.)