The Church recently released a major update for the LDS Tools mobile app, incorporating a variety of requests based on user feedback.
Hundreds of thousands of members and leaders use the LDS Tools mobile app every month to contact members, access their events calendars, and view membership reports in their ward and stake. It is a valuable tool designed to help hasten the work by providing members and leaders with information on the go (without requiring an Internet connection) that will help them minister to others.
This release 2.3.0 provides new features for both Apple iOS and Android mobile devices. These new features will help you locate meetinghouses and keep your contact information current.
- A new “Meetinghouses” menu item helps you locate Church meetinghouses worldwide. It identifies the wards and branches that meet in the building, the start times, and sacrament meeting times. You can also see the name and phone number of the bishop or branch president.
- Members and authorized leaders can also update phone numbers, email addresses, and privacy settings.
- You can also create personalized contact lists of members in your ward and stake to send texts or email messages to for easy group communication. The addresses of the members on a contact list can also be displayed on a map. These lists are backed up and are available when you sign in to LDS Tools.
LDS Tools is available in 10 languages (Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish) for iOS and Android.
Links to the app stores are on the LDS Tools support page.
After downloading the new update, please update your photos, contact information, and privacy settings for yourself and the members of your household.
You can help with this latest update in three ways:
- After using the app, rate it in the app store and provide a short review about your experience.
- If you have suggestions, use the feedback link within the app.
- Tell your friends about the new update and discuss it on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and other social media.
The information in this post was summarized from the article “Church Releases Major Update for LDS Tools App” at news.lds.org.
- Download LDS Tools for iOS or Android.
- Find more mobile apps on LDS.org.