The First Presidency invites the world to participate in messages of inspiration and guidance that will be delivered by the First Presidency, members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and other General Authorities and general officers of the Church.
See this general conference infographic that explains more about LDS general conference.
Here are 8 ways that you can participate in LDS General Conference:
#1: In Person
There is power in the Spirit you can feel by attending the live event, either at the Conference Center or in your meetinghouse. If possible, I encourage you to arrange your schedules so you can attend live. The Savior has promised that “where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them” (Matthew 18:20). What could be more important on Saturday and Sunday than listening to Prophets and Apostles of God giving us advice on how to live in an increasingly evil and confusing world?
- Attend the live event in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. See ticket information.
- Attend the live satellite or Internet broadcast in your own meetinghouse. For worldwide broadcast times and options, see the full satellite broadcast details. To find a meetinghouse anywhere in the world, visit maps.lds.org. Although the priesthood session will for the first time be broadcast live on TV and on the Internet, Church leaders encourage men and boys to attend at their local meetinghouses, unless health or distance makes that impractical.
- Conference.lds.org has live video streams in 19 languages and live audio in 64 languages. (Closed captions are available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese on the LDS Media Player (Flash) by choosing the CC button on the player. Also available in English only on Apple iOS devices by going to the video settings on the device and turning on closed captions.)
- MormonChannel.org website streams video and audio live in English and Spanish.
- Facebook.com/LDS has a live video stream in English.
- BYUtv streams live English video and audio on their website.
- BYUtv International streams live video and audio in Spanish and Portuguese on their website.
- Mormon Channel on YouTube streams live in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
#3: Mobile Apps
Mormon Channel mobile app streams video and audio live in English and Spanish.
#4: Roku Internet TV
Roku TV Mormon Channel streams video in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and American Sign Language. (Search for general conference under the “Spiritual” category.) Available in the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Canada.
Audio is available through various radio stations, including Mormon Channel HD Radio, KSL Radio, BYU Radio (online and SiriusXM), and Internet radio stations throughout the world. For listings, visit bonneville.info.
#7: Social Media
Quotes and video highlights will be posted on Church social media channels (as well as on LDS.org) shortly after each talk. They will appear at twitter.com/ldschurch, pinterest.com/LDSChurch, and on the individual Facebook and Google+ pages for each of the Brethren.
- Video cached streams of the full sessions will be available right after each session ends. Divisions into individual talk and song segments in many languages will begin appearing after 8 hours and will be completed within 24 hrs of the broadcast on conference.lds.org, podcasts, iTunes, and YouTube.
- Audio in 83 languages will be available on LDS.org and on the Mormon Channel in iTunes within 8 hrs of the broadcast.
- Video highlights of each session will also be posted within a few hours on LDS.org.
- English text will be available at conference.lds.org and in the Gospel Library mobile app a few days after conference. Text in other languages will be posted in the following weeks.
- Read more detailed information about when general conference addresses will be available in video, audio, and text formats.