The Church is providing new resources for Sunday lessons for Young Men, Young Women, and youth Sunday School classes beginning in January 2013.
These new resources, titled Come, Follow Me: Learning Resources for Youth, are designed to change the way teachers teach and the way students learn. Ward and stake leaders were advised of this new curriculum in a letter from the First Presidency dated September 12, 2012.
There are no lesson manuals. Instead, the lessons are to be developed from resources available online at lds.org/youth/learn. Each month will focus on a different doctrinal topic that is coordinated across Young Men, Young Women, and youth Sunday School classes. Leaders, parents, and the youth will help identify what should be taught and will draw from a wealth of online material to prepare for the classroom discussions.
Since they are are online, the lesson outlines and resources will constantly be updated with recent teachings from the Prophets and Apostles, including references to the most recent general conference addresses. As a back-up in areas where online access is difficult, some printed versions of the lesson outlines will be made available at a later date.
Go online to find the following:
- Videos that explain how to implement the new curriculum.
- A guidebook titled Teaching the Gospel in the Savior’s Way.
- Lesson outlines for the first several months of 2013. By the end of 2012, all of the lesson outlines will be online in 23 languages.
- Ideas for preparing engaging learning activities.
To learn more, see the article “Church Announces New Youth Curriculum for 2013” and “Frequently Asked Questions.”
In 2013, the young women and young men manuals 1, 2, and 3 will no longer be used, except in the languages beyond the 23 that will get this new curriculum.
For step-by-step instructions on finding the lesson outlines, see the comments below.
Your resources and ideas are very helpful.
I can not find all the lesson schedules for 2013, only 8 of them. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. I typed the link in given in the internet but something is missing. 2013 lessons begin soon and I need help or we start to teach from last years manual. Please E-Mail me the link.
Charles, we understand that the new youth lessons called “Come, Follow Me: Learning Resources for Youth” are a little difficult to find. Here are step-by-step instructions:
1. Go to the Learning Resources for Youth page directly at lds.org/youth/learn. Or from the home page of LDS.org, click the menu Resources, then Magazines & Manuals, then All Manuals. Then click Come, Follow Me in the center of the page.
2. On the Learning Resources page, there is a link in the middle of the page “Start Teaching” where you can click for the Aaronic Priesthood, Young Women, or Sunday School.
3. You will then see a page for AP, YW, or SS with a list of months in the left column. For example, January’s lessons are about “The Godhead.”
4. If you click January, then you see information about the topic “The Godhead” and the lessons are links in the center of the page.
5. When you click each lesson title, you will see a page of resources for teaching a lesson.
For example, if you had selected Aaronic Priesthood, then clicked January, then in the middle of the page, you see the lessons. There is 1 lesson that relates to Duty to God and 4 others. The 5 lessons for January are:
– How can I know my Heavenly Father?
– What do we know about the nature of the Godhead?
– Why is Jesus Christ important in my life?
– What are the roles of the Holy Ghost?
– Who am I, and who can I become?
will there be an Iphone app created for this new program?
Nate, no mobile app yet. But maybe in the future.
You can access the lessons on the with the church’s official “Gospel Library” app 🙂
Larry, I’m having a hard time downloading each new month for the youth lessons. I’ve been trying to figure out how to find the March topics/lessons for two weeks I have them on my PC but not on my iPad. Any suggestions to what I’m doing wrong?