The Church sent a notice to stake and ward leaders with additional frequently asked questions about ministering and recent changes in Melchizedek Priesthood quorums and Relief Societies.
Here are a few of the key answers provided:
- Clarifies that ministering interviews are to be conducted by elders quorum and Relief Society presidencies.
- Announces that the callings of ministering coordinator and ministering supervisor are discontinued. Where needed, elders quorum and Relief Society leaders may call ministering secretaries to help schedule ministering interviews.
- States that wards may divide the elders quorum or Relief Society when they have an unusually large number of active members.
- Indicates that as part of their overall responsibilities, elders quorum presidencies should visit or interview their quorum members once a year in addition to holding quarterly ministering interviews.
- Clarifies whether the following are part of the elders quorum or the stake high priests quorum: members of presidencies of branches, temples, missions, and missionary training centers.
The site ministering.lds.org includes all the documents and training resources relating to the historic changes at general conference announced by President Russell M. Nelson on April 1, 2018 about restructuring Melchizedek Priesthood quorums (elders quorums and high priests groups) and ministering that replaced home and visiting teaching. It includes the following:
- First Presidency announcement letter
- The original set of frequently asked questions
- Additional frequently asked questions added May 11, 2018
- An explanation of training resources for stake conferences, stake councils, ward councils, and Sunday lessons.
- An overview video “A Vision of Ministering“
- Instructional videos about effective ministering
- Instructional videos about conducting ministering interviews
All these resources are also available in the Gospel Library app and the videos are also in the LDS Media Library app.