The Church issued a directive with ways to strengthen young single adults. The November 30, 2022 notice titled “Strengthening Young Single Adults,” includes the following guidelines:
- Young single adults lead YSA efforts. Members of the stake presidency, high council, elders quorum presidency, and stake and ward Relief Society presidencies act as advisers. Married members currently called to YSA positions should be considered for release.
- Each stake should organize a YSA committee led by young single adults. These young adult leaders also serve on the stake council.
- Stakes are authorized to establish YSA Gathering Places.
- General Handbook, chapter 14, “Single Members.”
- “Strengthening Young Single Adults” in Gospel Library > Handbooks and Callings > Stake or District Callings > Young Single Adults.
President Russell M. Nelson said the following in his May 2022 worldwide broadcast to young adults:
As the Lord’s Prophet, I bless you to know the truth about who you are and to treasure the truth and what your glorious potential really is. I bless you to take charge of your own testimony. And I bless you to have the desire and strength to keep your covenants,” he said.
As you do, I promise that you will experience spiritual growth, freedom from fear, and confidence that you can scarcely imagine now. You will have a positive influence far beyond your natural capacity.