Many families are fleeing to other countries, and some have nothing but the clothes on their backs.
It is a scriptural commandment to love one another and to bear one another’s burdens. Church leaders have encouraged us to help refugees. See the conference talk “Refuge from the Storm.”
Learn what the Church is doing and how you can help, too.
- See the Church’s “I Was a Stranger” initiative.
- Donate to the Church’s Humanitarian Aid Fund online or with a tithing slip. This will help the Church continue to provide shoes, hygiene supplies, infant care items, and other aid to refugees.
- Use JustServe.org to find local projects to help refugees in your area.
- Contact a resettlement agency in your area to see how you can help. These agencies help refugees find homes and jobs, enroll in schools, and learn about the community.
- Read the article “Latter-Day Saint Charities Is Providing Relief Aid to Afghan Refugees. Here’s How You Can Help..”