The Church has published updates to additional chapters of the General Handbook in more languages. These updates were previously published in English.
The following chapters are now available in 23 languages in addition to English:
- Chapter 5: Stake Leadership
- Chapter 6: The Bishopric
- Chapter 16: Living the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Chapter 21: Ministering
- Chapter 22: Providing for Temporal Needs and Building Self-Reliance
- Chapter 23: Sharing the Gospel and Strengthening New and Returning Members
- Chapter 24: Missionary Recommendations and Service
- Chapter 25: Temple and Family History Work in the Ward and Stake
- Chapter 26: Temple Recommends
- Chapter 27: Temple Ordinances for the Living
- Chapter 29: Meetings in the Church
- Additional updates in other chapters
These chapters are now available in the following languages: Bislama, Cebuano, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Dutch, English, Fijian, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marshallese, Mongolian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, Tongan, and Ukrainian.
The chapters are published on ChurchofJesusChrist.org and in the Gospel Library app.
Church leaders should use newly revised chapters as they become available in their languages. They should continue to use the existing chapters in Handbook 1: Stake Presidents and Bishops and Handbook 2: Administering the Church if newly revised chapters are not yet available.