The Church offers several resources to help parents prepare their children for baptism.
- The article “Helping Children Prepare for Baptism” in the February Liahona offers suggestions on how to teach children about the covenants they will make at baptism. It also suggests ways to ease their potential fears by describing to them what to expect at the baptism and confirmation.
- The February issue of the Friend magazine also contains several helpful resources: “Finding Sabrina’s Testimony,” “Repenting and Trying Again,” and “Make Your Own Baptism Book.”
- The Gospel Topics “Baptism” and “Holy Ghost” may provide helpful understanding for parents.
- “Helping Children Prepare for Baptism,” from the April 2013 Liahona.
- “Resources Help Parents Prepare Children for Baptism“
- “Preparing for Baptism,” lesson from the Family Home Evening Resource Book