On November 20, 2020, President Russell M. Nelson invited us to unite in daily prayer, use social media for seven days to express gratitude, and engage in and share acts of kindness, respect, and unity. For the next seven days, LDS365 will share what we are grateful for. Below is our post for day 6.
I am grateful for Church leaders who really care about us and do all they can to help us live happy and successful lives. We have a Prophet and Apostles who have fully dedicated their lives to the Lord’s work. They have covenanted to follow Him. They seek to Hear Him and help guide us back to our Father in Heaven.
Our ward and stake leaders really care about us. They know us personally and care about our welfare. Ward leaders are volunteers who work countless hours every week for us. A ward needs everyone—every youth leader, children’s leader, Relief Society leader, elders quorum leader, and bishop. God has created a wonderful organization to help and support us in our journey back to Him.
- Learn more about the organization of the Church.
On this Thanksgiving Day, you may want to enjoy some of the following resources with your family and friends:
- Gratitude entry in Gospel Topics, which lists many additional resources
- Read 16 Quotes on Gratitude from Each of the Latter-day Prophets
- See scripture references to giving thanks in the Topical Guide.
And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more. (D&C 78:19)
And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive. (Alma 7:23)
Share the Message of Gratitude With Others
- Watch President Russell M. Nelson’s special video message that he shared with the world on November 20, 2020. It is also in the Gospel Library app (Tap #JesusChrist, then #HearHim, then it’s the 2nd video.
- Visit GiveThanks.ChurchofJesusChrist.org to read the backstory of President Nelson’s message.
- We invite you to share your personal gratitude journal on social media. Use the hashtag #GiveThanks. (We’ll also be using #ShareGoodness and #PassItOn.)
- Read the article “The Prophet Releases a Message on the Healing Power of Gratitude.”
- Read other gratitude journal entries from LDS365.
- Discuss in Your Ward. If your ward is holding classes on Sunday, November 22, or Sunday, November 29, 2020, the Church encourages you to review President Nelson’s message and discuss what you have learned and experienced as a result.
- Invite Others to Watch. This message is for everyone. Please share it with family and friends. Share the images above on social media and share this link to the video: https://youtu.be/tlcILxGmVrI