On November 20, 2020, President Russell M. Nelson invited us to unite in daily prayer, use social media for seven days to express gratitude, and engage in and share acts of kindness, respect, and unity. For the next seven days, LDS365 will share what we are grateful for. Below is our post for day 3.
I am grateful for Jesus Christ’s Restored Church on earth. The gospel brings joy. It is the best way to be happy in this life. We have living prophets who counsel us how to live providently. We have ward families who give us a sense of community. They love us and support us.
The proclamation on the Restoration states: “We gladly declare that the promised Restoration goes forward through continuing revelation. The earth will never again be the same, as God will ‘gather together in one all things in Christ.’”
- Read “The Restoration of the Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ: A Bicentennial Proclamation to the World”
Watch the video about living in thanksgiving daily.
“A grateful heart … comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives.” —President Thomas S. Monson, “The Divine Gift of Gratitude.”
Share the Message of Gratitude With Others
- Watch President Russell M. Nelson’s special video message that he shared with the world on November 20, 2020.
- Visit GiveThanks.ChurchofJesusChrist.org to read the backstory of President Nelson’s message.
- We invite you to share your personal gratitude journal on social media. Use the hashtag #GiveThanks. (We’ll also be using #ShareGoodness and #PassItOn.)
- Read the article “The Prophet Releases a Message on the Healing Power of Gratitude.”
- Read other gratitude journal entries from LDS365.
- Discuss in Your Ward. If your ward is holding classes on Sunday, November 22, or Sunday, November 29, 2020, the Church encourages you to review President Nelson’s message and discuss what you have learned and experienced as a result.
- Invite Others to Watch. This message is for everyone. Please share it with family and friends. Share the images above on social media and share this link to the video: https://youtu.be/tlcILxGmVrI