On November 20, 2020, President Russell M. Nelson invited us to unite in daily prayer, use social media for seven days to express gratitude, and engage in and share acts of kindness, respect, and unity. For the next seven days, LDS365 will share what we are grateful for. Below is our post for day 2.
- Watch President Russell M. Nelson’s special video message that he shared with the world on November 20, 2020.
- Visit GiveThanks.ChurchofJesusChrist.org to read the backstory of President Nelson’s message.
- We invite you to share your personal gratitude journal on social media. Use the hashtag #GiveThanks. (We’ll also be using #ShareGoodness and #PassItOn.)
- Read the article “The Prophet Releases a Message on the Healing Power of Gratitude.”
- Read other gratitude journal entries from LDS365.
I am grateful for my older brother Jesus Christ. He is my Savior and my Redeemer. I owe him everything. He is my Advocate with my Heavenly Father.
“Know ye that ye must come to the knowledge of your fathers, and repent of all your sins and iniquities, and believe in Jesus Christ, that he is the Son of God, and that he was slain by the Jews, and by the power of the Father he hath risen again, whereby he hath gained the victory over the grave; and also in him is the sting of death swallowed up.” (Mormon 7:5)
- Learn more about Jesus Christ.
Watch the video “A Worldwide Compilation of Gratitude: #ThankfulFor.” (Learn about how the video was created.)
Share the Message of Gratitude With Others
- Discuss in Your Ward. If your ward is holding classes on Sunday, November 22, or Sunday, November 29, 2020, the Church encourages you to review President Nelson’s message and discuss what you have learned and experienced as a result.
- Invite Others to Watch. This message is for everyone. Please share it with family and friends. Share the images below on social media and share this link to the video: https://youtu.be/tlcILxGmVrI
I am so grateful for all that my Heavenly Father has given me.
I am thankful for my Savior, and the sacrifice of dying for my sins.I am thankful for my parents for raising me so that I have excepted the gospel and try to be a good example to my children and grandchildren. I am thankful for my trails and the body I have and the many doctors who have helped me along this journey. I am thankful for my family and friends who help me everyday. I am thankful for the beauties of the earth that allow me to be creative and see others in God’s way. I am thankful for all the service I can do and help with each day. I am thankful for a mind that thinks as I do and how it helps me think outside the box in a multitude of ways to help others. I am so thankful for all I do have in this world because of my Heavenly Father and his wonderful goodness I am so richly blessed.