June is National Internet Safety Awareness Month. All month, we will share ideas on how to keep the internet a safe resource for you and your family. See other articles about online safety.
The non-profit organization Enough Is Enough has created the website Internet Safety 101 to teach parents and educators about the dangers that children may encounter online.
You may find the following resources from Internet Safety 101 helpful:
- Steps to Online Privacy
- Filtering & Monitoring Software and Tools
- Antivirus Software Guide (Consumer Affairs Reviews)
- Internet Safety: How to Keep Kids and Teens Safe Online
- Parental Control Websites
- Safe Search Engines
- Kid-Friendly Search Engines & Portals
- Social Networking for Teens
- Gaming Safety Resources
- Mobile/Wireless Resources
- Acronyms Parents Should Know
- Affiliate Partner Resources
- Helpful Parents Guides
What ideas have you found helpful to keep your family safe online? Enter a comment below.