If you are planning to attend General Conference, please note that there are some changes to improve security and safety. To expedite the entry and exit of 100,000 people over the weekend, the following changes will be implemented:
- The Conference Center will be closed to the public beginning Monday prior to general conference weekend.
- Water bottles must be clear. Metal containers are not allowed inside the Conference Center.
- Attendees can bring small bags and umbrellas with them inside the building. Large bags are not allowed.
- Any personal items such as large purses, backpacks, shopping bags, suitcases and food items will no longer be stored on Church property.
- North Temple will be closed between West Temple and Main Street two hours before each session, allowing pedestrians to cross the street in crosswalks and other designated locations within the restricted area. The street will be blocked off with moveable barriers.
- North Temple will reopen with limited access during each session and each day approximately two hours after general conference sessions end.
- People are encouraged to walk through Temple Square and the Church plaza to get to the Conference Center.
- Conference goers are encouraged to arrive early to provide adequate time to attend the event.
Learn more details about the security measures at the Conference Center in the article “Safety and Efficiency Changes to Enhance General Conference Experience .”
Watch this video “Changes Announced to Enhance Safety at General Conference:”