The LDS Gospel Library app 5.0 iOS update is now available.
Gospel Library is the gospel study app of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The library includes the scriptures, general conference addresses, music, learning and teaching manuals, Church magazines, videos, audio recordings, gospel art, and more. Study, search, mark, and share this vast collection. Learn more about the Church’s mobile apps.
- Added chapter grid for quicker navigation in the scriptures.
- Added Speakers and Topics tabs in the General Conference section.
- Added speaker names to subtitles for general conference talks in search, bookmarks, notes, etc.
- Reduced the size of the app by downloading and storing content more efficiently.
- Improved process for creating, editing, and removing cross-reference links.
- Updated verse call-out style when following links.
- Updated Downloads section in Settings to manage downloaded books and media.
- Consolidated the two back buttons into a single back button in the top left.
- Added long-press to the upper back button to show navigation history.
- Moved Settings to the bottom toolbar for easier access.
- Added in-app form for sending feedback (under Settings).
- Simplified items displayed in Settings section.
- Added support for universal links using Gospel Library Online URLs.
- Reduced time for search results to display.
- Bug where downloads timed out too quickly on a slow internet connection.
- Bug where downloaded videos didn’t always play offline.
- Bug where audio didn’t resume correctly after a phone call.
- Bug where highlighting and tagging was sluggish for users with a lot of annotations.
- Bug where URLs in personal notes didn’t work correctly as hyperlinks.
- Bug where following a link caused the sidebar to close on an iPad.
- Bug where the app remembered your scroll position when returning to a chapter months later.
- Bug where bottom toolbar reappeared after switching chapters in full screen mode.
- Bug where a missing quotation mark in an exact phrase search caused the app to crash.
- Bug where separator lines were appearing in the right column when viewing personal notes.
- Theme colors in several places.