The LDS Gospel Library app 4.2 iOS update is now available. This updated included various changes that brings the iOS version further into a common user experience with the Android 4.3 version that was released about a month ago.
These updates include adjusting the navigation drop-down menu, improved search suggestions, searching personal notes, placement of the general conference video player, floating action button, etc.
* Updated the drop-down navigation menu and general navigation pattern.
* Improved go-to search suggestions to quickly jump to a scripture, hymn, or book.
* Included personal notes in search results.
* Updated search to only include exact phrase results when using quote marks.
* Added a new video player for general conference talks.
* App will now skip full session audio when listening to individual general conference talks.
* Updated the floating audio button.
* Added a Sort option for tags when adding a tag to a highlight or note.
* Added a new floating “+” button for notes, bookmarks, screens, and custom collections.
* Changed “Recent” to “All” and reordered tabs in the Notes section of the app.
* Changed app to remember the most recent tab in the Notes section of the app.
* Updated the sign-in screen and search bars throughout the app.
* Updated the placeholder text in the note editor.
* Added a new “Magenta” theme.
* Updated UI translations in several languages.
* Fixed bug where the iOS control center switched from audio to video while listening.
* Fixed bug where the video play button showed on top of the speaker’s face.
* Fixed bug where bold and italic didn’t work properly in the note editor.
* Fixed bug where the related content sidebar became unresponsive.
* Improved support for iOS 11 and iPhone X.
This app is free from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It requires iOS 9.0 or later and is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Cebuano, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Fiji, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Haitian, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tahitian, Thai, Tok Pisin, Tonga, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
Learn about all Church mobile apps at mobile.lds.org.
I never realized that the dropdown menu was confusing until this update flipped it and I found that it was far easier to use. Great UX!