The article “But What If … ? Questions about Serving a Mission” gives advice to youth and adults who are contemplating serving a full-time mission.
As your time to serve a mission approaches, you may ask yourself, “Can I really do this?” Yes, you can! It may not be easy, but you will never regret it.
The article then gives answers to the following questions:
- What if I don’t know enough about the scriptures or the gospel?
- What if I’m not sure I have a testimony?
- What if I don’t feel worthy?
- How can I leave my family and friends?
- What if I don’t think I can pay for it?
- What if I’m shy about talking to people?
- What if it messes up my education or my career?
I encourage you to read the article “But What If … ? Questions about Serving a Mission” (Liahona and New Era, June 2015). It is available online as text and PDF.