To encourage learning and teaching as a family in the home, each issue of the Friend magazine provides activities, suggestions, and ideas that parents can use for family home evening, family scripture study, and other informal teaching opportunities.
Beginning in January 2015, the Friend has the following new features:
- Scripture Time helps families learn about the New Testament together.
- Articles of Faith helps families memorize and learn about each article.
- Family History Mystery is a fun way for children to learn about their ancestors.
- Give Us a Hand encourages children to serve.
- Special Witness helps children learn and apply teachings of inspired Church leaders.
- Primary Connection provides resources for Primary teachers and leaders to enhance their Sunday class and sharing time lessons.
- Family Home Evening Ideas gives an instant FHE tied to one of the stories in the Friend.
You can also find more stories, messages from leaders, activities, and media resources for family home evening and Primary at lessonhelps.lds.org. These resources are organized by topic, category, and Primary lesson to make them easy to find and use.
Learn more about each of these new features in the article “New Friend Magazine Features Help Families Learn Together.”