The Ensign and Liahona magazines now publish some articles in digital-only format. In addition to the articles in the printed magazines, other articles are available online at ensign.ChurchofJesusChrist.org and liahona.ChurchofJesusChrist.org, and in the Gospel Library app.
For example, the June 2018 issue of the Ensign has a number of articles about the 40th anniversary of the 1978 revelation on the priesthood. There is an additional personal experience titled “How Could You Be Mormon?” that is available in the digital-only collection.
and what about Liahona on other than in English? I think it creates a confusion for members who cannot read digital version for a reason. for a point of view it looks like a double standards.
The digital only content is also available in languages. For example, in the June English Liahona (https://www.lds.org/liahona/2018/06?lang=eng):
* 3 Ways to Be a Father Figure Sarah C. Keenan
* Bearing One Another’s Burdens Jeffrey R. Holland
* 4 Ways to Serve Families with Disabilities
In Spanish (https://www.lds.org/liahona/2018/06?lang=spa):
* 3 maneras de ser una figura paterna Sarah C. Keenan
* Llevar las cargas los unos de los otros Jeffrey R. Holland
* 4 maneras de servir a familias con discapacidades