FamilySearch has just released a new mobile app called Family Tree to view the details of your family trees from your FamilySearch.org Family Tree. It helps you see connections with your ancestors by looking through the stories and photos. It also lets you add more photos and stories to your family branches.
- Browse your family branches and see portraits of relatives you may have never seen before.
- Discover facts, documents, stories, photos, and recordings about your ancestors.
- Add memories and records about your relatives.
- Preserve and share old photos and documents.
- Take your family tree with you wherever you go. The app works even without Internet access.
- The app automatically syncs to FamilySearch.org when you have an Internet connection, so you can pick up where you left off on any device.
- Store your family branches forever for free on FamilySearch.org.
This mobile app is great to share family stories with your children at bedtime or in the car while traveling. Learn something new about your family origins while waiting in a line. Take the app to family gatherings and capture stories you’ve never heard before. Ask your parents and grandparents to tell you about their lives and what they remember of their deceased relatives, and then record their stories using the app.
FamilySearch Tree is a mobile companion to FamilySearch.org. While this app does make it easy to view existing information, and even add photos, stories, and audio recordings to the records of ancestors in the tree, you can’t add or update ancestor details such as names, dates, and relationships. However, that function will be added later.
If you find that FamilySearch Tree has little or no information about your family, just sign in to FamilySearch.org on the web and add what you know.
See a demo of the FamilySearch Tree mobile app by watching this video from 25:30 to the end.