Provident Living is a website of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that contains information regarding self-reliance, emergency preparedness, and humanitarian efforts. Resources range from calculators to help with family budgets and food storage to updates on ongoing global initiatives and emergency disaster response. Many of the welfare tools were designed for Church members, but much of the information is useful to the general public.
The guiding purpose of the site is to help people become self-reliant, care for the poor and needy, and encourage service to other. The website is intended to teach principles of welfare and to help visitors find opportunities to apply those principles in their lives and in the lives of others. Visitors to the site can also get specific information about being self-reliant—a state in which families can care for themselves and then turn outwards to help others do the same.
Key content on the site
- Check out the main sections of the site.
- Check out the new tips on Growing a Garden.
- Learn about the services of LDS Family Services, including counseling and the addiction recovery program for substance and pornography addictions, gambling, etc.
- Besides teaching Welfare principles, the site also provides training and teaching materials to Church leaders and volunteers.
- Visitors can also find service opportunities, home storage order forms, employment or counseling services, and other resources that might be helpful in their efforts to live more providently.
- Upcoming plans include a major upgrade of the site CombatingPornography.org (renamed “Overcoming Pornography.org”).
Let your family, friends, and ward members know about the resources at ProvidentLiving.lds.org that can help your family use its resources wisely.